Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Unusual side effects?

Side effect #1: My muscles really do feel different.. from the inside out.. it's an odd but much more solid feeling than before, even when I worked out for an hour a day. I assume it is from the high amount of protein I am getting. I don't know.. but I like it.
Side effect #2: You know that crap that builds up on your teeth all during the day and you scrub a few times a day to try and get that grimy mess off. Well.. I don't have the grimy stuff. I floss and brush my teeth and viola' it truly feels like I just left the dentist. No slimy grimy... I love that :D

Today is day 11, Cruise Phase, Pure Protein Day

I made the cocoa dukan muffins today, except I made them in a loaf pan AND I was out of FF sour cream, so I subbed with NF Greek Yogurt and it worked great.. for my children I spread a thin layer of Hershey's syrup Sugar Free on top.

Lunch I made a boneless skinless chicken breast. I made a spicy brown mustard and Bragg's vinegar "vinaigrette" to dress it.. YUM :D

Supper I just ate what I had left from lunch.

I did make Dukan meringues today which were a hit.
4 room temperature egg whites
24 packets of Splenda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp. vanilla

Whip egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Slowly add in Splenda and vanilla. Whip till stiff peaks. Pipe out shapes onto parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for around 20 mins at 350 F then shut the oven off and leave them in at least for an additional 30 minutes.

It has rained all day. The big girls had a hair appointment, so after their hair was cut we went to the most dead mall I have ever seen. We arrived at 8pm. and even the stores that are open were closing.. we were probably the only people there who were not employed there. We walked our 30 minutes and jetted on home.

Weight Today: 180.4  lbs                         Total Weight Down: 10.2 lbs

Feeling pretty good today :) Yesterday...every step I took on my walk was drudgery. I look forward to what tomorrow will bring and I am supper excited to eat veggies tomorrow :D

No comments:

Post a Comment